If you have a Smart TV, you might be aware of the many streaming platforms available such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and Disney Plus. The latter is one of the most popular streaming services around, if not the most valuable. It comes with an entire library of films and shows that you can enjoy instantaneously. If you’re a fan of Disney movies and TV shows, here is a guide on how to get Disney Plus on your Smart TV.
How to Get Disney Plus on a Smart TV
If you want to watch Disney+ on your smart TV, there are a few different ways to do it. Here’s a general guide on how to get Disney+ on a smart TV:
1. Check the device compatibility with the app. Disney+ is compatible with most current models of major brands, including Samsung, LG, Sony, and more.
2. If your smart TV is compatible, make sure it’s connected to a steady source of internet.
3. Download the Disney+ app from your smart TV’s app store.
4. Log in or create a new account.
5. Voilà! You can now start streaming.
Now, let’s take a look at the specific details for each type of smart TV.
Samsung Smart TV
If you have a Samsung smart TV, you can get Disney+ in one of two ways:
1. If your Samsung TV was released in 2019 or later, it is 100% a compatible model. To download Disney Plus on your TV, follow the steps below:
- Using your Samsung remote, navigate to and select the “Smart Hub” icon.
- Scroll to and select “Apps”.
- Search for “Disney+”.
- Select the Disney+ app.
- Click on “Install”.
- Once installation is complete, launch the app and log in with your Disney+ account credentials.
2. If you have an older model, you can still get Disney+ by connecting your TV to a compatible streaming device (like a Roku TV or Amazon Fire TV Stick) and then downloading the Disney+ app to that device.
Sony Smart TV
Some Sony smart TV models can support Disney plus. These include (but may not be limited to) the XBR-A1E, XBR-X900E, and XBR-X800E.
To get it, first, make sure that your Sony smart TV is connected to the internet and follow the conventional steps. Go to the google store on your TV and search for Disney plus. If you are not connected to your Google account make sure you do so priorly.
Once you find the app, select it and install it. You can now open the app and sign in with your Disney plus account information and enjoy unlimited entertainment.
LG Smart TV
The LG Smart TV models that can support Disney plus are the ones that have the webOS operating system. To get Disney plus on your LG Smart TV, the steps are as follows:
1. On your LG Smart TV, go to the LG Content Store.
2. Search for Disney plus in the app menu.
3. Install the app on your LG Smart TV.
4. Launch the Disney plus app and log in with your Disney plus account credentials, and you’re set to watch your favorite classics!
Can you Connect Disney Plus to a TV from a Smart Phone?
A very common method to watch Disney+ on your smart TV is to use a smartphone as a Disney Plus TV remote control. Here’s a quick guide on how to do just that:
- Download the Disney+ app from your smartphone’s app store.
- Open the Disney+ app and log in with your Disney+ account credentials.
- Navigate to the shows you want to watch and tap on them.
- Tap on the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen and select “Play on TV”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your phone to the TV.
Once connected, the show will start playing on your TV.
Alternatively, you can use an HDMI cable to connect your mobile device to your TV.
How to Maximize your Disney Plus experience
If you’re looking to get the most out of your Disney+ experience on your smart TV, there are a few things you can do to make sure you’re getting the most bang for your buck.
- Create a user profile for each member of your family so everyone can keep track of their favorite shows and movies.
- Be sure to take advantage of the “download” feature so you can watch your favorite content offline.
- You can also use the Disney Plus app to control your viewing experience. For example, you can pause, fast forward, and rewind. You can also adjust the audio and subtitles.
If you’re a fan of Disney movies and TV shows, you’ll want to check out our guide on how to get Disney Plus on your Smart TV. With Disney Plus, you can enjoy an entire library of films and shows instantaneously. So don’t wait any longer!
For more interesting articles check out our blog !